SENIOR SCHOOL VALUES
We provide an all-round and balanced education for every learner within a broad and inclusive curriculum (academic, social, spiritual, cultural and sporting). This is well done within a stimulating and challenging learning environment founded on aspects such as tolerance, mutual respect, caring relations, moral accountability, personal integrity and professional commitment, and recognise the need to work closely and effectively with all stakeholders.
We have learners with diverse backgrounds and abilities that we train to ensure enhancement of leadership, service, entrepreneurship and life skills intertwined with high level morals, discipline and attitude for their self-actualization. To achieve these, we place particular emphasis on five key areas:
- Character – developing and maturing the individual, enabling learners to uncover the talents, skills and values to be of good influence beyond MSIS
- Operations – providing environments, infrastructure and functions that set us apart
- Opportunity – ensuring learners perform to their potential, thereby increasing their educational and career opportunities.
- Scholarship – encouraging intellectual curiosity, independent thought and effective learning habits
- People – admitting learners who will thrive and contribute at MSIS, and recruiting and nurturing staff who facilitate excellence.
Students enjoy countless opportunities that help them to make their time at MSIS whatever they educationally want it to be, as long as such stands for what is cherished and shared within our common good as the MSIS family. We have numerous out of class undertakings that provide perfect avenues for this fulfilment.
So you have graduated from high school, what next? Graduation is a time of great excitement but also an understandable trepidation about what life has in store for you. We believe in:
- Firm foundation
- Fresh approach
- Strong partnership and collaboration
University registrars indicate that our A'Level students are superbly prepared for higher learning. This is because they are able to think critically, analyse logically and communicate effectively.
- We are very proud to be part of the Cambridge International family of centers. As part of over 10,000 Cambridge schools in over 160 countries, our international perspective is assured.
- Years 7 and 8 [Key Stage 3] offer the learners the required foundation for the IGCSE [O’ Level] course ahead. A wide range of subjects are offered; all compulsory.
- At IGCSE [Years 9, 10 and 11] the students pick 7 to 10 subjects as per interest, abilities and their career inclinations. Of these, 3 are compulsory as focal.
- The students are set on their A’ Level study path upon choosing 3 or 4 subjects of specialization; aligned to their future careers.
LEARNING SUPPORT PROGRAMME
This is an intervention programme that aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop the necessary academic and social skills to ensure a positive school experience. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning. They get to know their strengths and weaknesses as they work to achieve success.
GAMES AND SPORTS
We are proud of our hard-earned reputation for sports, but our constant focus is on ensuring every learner has the opportunity to get involved, regardless of their ability.
We focus on:
- Recreational sport
- Health and fitness
- Learning to compete, playing to win
MSIS SENIOR SCHOOL – DEVELOPING TRUE WORLD BEATERS IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE.